Job type: full-time, 1 year maternity cover
Location: UK, Devon
Primarily remote role with periodic in-person meetings with Tom
About Global Optimism
Global Optimism was co-founded by Christiana Figueres and Tom Rivett-Carnac on leaving the UN, having overseen the delivery of the landmark Paris Agreement.
It has since grown into a small and nimble team dedicated to a clear mission to play our part in catalysing actions toward halving global emissions by 2030, laying the groundwork for a regenerative world where all people and nature can thrive.
We work across three broad pillars of action:
- We change narratives and help to build resilient mindsets through our media platforms, especially the Outrage + Optimism podcast;
- We work with like-minded partners on catalytic campaigns that impact society, celebrate collective efforts and activate to influence change and
- We precipitate sectoral shifts through our engagements with transformational private sector efforts.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to provide key administrative support to Global Optimism co-founder, Tom Rivett-Carnac, as well as to act as a hub and first point of contact to support the wider team and the day-to-day running of Global Optimism.
As this job will involve liaising with stakeholders in multiple time zones, some out-of-hours work will be expected. Occasional travel may also be needed.
Personal Qualities, Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- a proactive approach with an ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision
- an ability to work through competing priorities, working closely with GO’s co-founder
- flexibility and keenness to support our small and tight-knit team with tasks that arise through the evolving projects Global Optimism undertakes
- high attention to detail and a sound understanding of clerical activities required for the smooth running of a company
- administration experience
- good knowledge of Google Workspace and Asana (task management tool)
- working knowledge of HubSpot CRM and HubDB
- excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with high level individuals
- discretion and diplomacy
- an interest in climate change solutions is a plus.
- Tracking and organising meetings and calendars, including scheduling of team meetings, one-to-ones, podcast recordings and virtual events
- Coordinating with multiple stakeholders to organise events, both in person and virtual
- Planning and booking complex travel
- Basic business administration and tracking, in coordination with accountant
- Using HubSpot DB to update the website and HubSpot CRM to field incoming requests
- Organising and maintaining company systems, including holiday tracking, administrator requests, etc.
Application Details and Deadline
Application deadline: midnight on Friday, 10 December 2021, with interviews to commence in mid-December.
Applicants should email a CV and cover letter of not more than 2 pages to email@example.com including the subject line: Executive Assistant Application.
Start date: mid-January